Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Good starter 7 day cruise

Sail Date: October 17, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The kids' camp was great. The shows were great including the comedian. Houskeeping was amazing and so were the waiters at the restaurant. Debarkation at end of trip was a nightmare. Took 5.5 hours to get off the ship. My biggest concern was the price of drinks, be it alcolic or non.

Pros: shows and kids camp

Cons: drinks way too expensive, had to pay for soda, paid almost $19 for two red bull/vodka drinks because they charged 1 can of red bull and two vodkas with ice (highway robbery); food was generic

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

Food was too generic. Mexican food was not authentic, asian food (i.e. california rolls were not good/fresh). Romm service sandwiches were good.
stateroom was at the bottom rear of boat. I think I was right over the rudder of the ship. Everytime the ship would dock the entire stateroom would shake and wake us up. Very clean and confortable as far as the layout.
Very nice crew.
Enjoyed the comedy, trivia, vegas type shows. Very entertaining.
Can't say enough. My kids enjoyed Camp Carnival.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Same. Too touristy. Had to go to a timeshare seminar in order to avoid paying a ride and beach use for the day.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Too touristy. I didn't want to see the tourist trap attractions. I wanted to see old puerto vallarta. We have hotels and beaches here in Southern California.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I liked this destination most of all. Hired a small glass bottom boat for $50 for 10 people for a ride to and from the beach area including a 40 minute tour of the coral reefs. We had lots of fun here.
Don't Miss: glass bottom boat tour