Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

What a nightmare!

Sail Date: May 09, 2010

I began my long awaited vacation with a room in the middle of the ship when I upgraded to a window. Guest services management told me, "Oh this happens all of the time and we are always booked full so we can't move you to a room with a window." Never apologized or cared. To make my first hour on the ship even worse, I noticed chest and long head hair on the pillow and sheets on the made bed, the pool towels were folded neatly but damp and there was dried food on the dresser and loose diapers in the drawers! When I contacted guest services AGAIN was told, "We will get to it when we can so leave your room until housekeeping can clean it." Again, not even an apology! I was not able to return to the room until 7:15 that evening causing me to miss the first dinner. When I called and told Guest Svcs what time I was finally able to come to my room and missed my first dinner, the manager told me, "Well you can order room service." WOW! Spend your hard earned vacation money on another cruise line, if you have a bad experience such as mine- they do not care or attempt to resolve!!

Pros: The entire staff, including management, were rude, and extremely unprofessional.

Cons: The longest 7 days of horrible buffet food, expensive drinks including $5 bottled water and entertainment that had to be purchased on the ship!

Recommends Carnival Splendor? No.

Horrible service including management! Rude, insincere and extremely undertrained!!
There were very little shows and entertainment events on the ship that were included; there is a charge for every event that isn't an art auction or poor quality late night show.
Public bathrooms on ship always messy with toilet paper on the floors and no seat covers on the entire ship. Lounge chairs were dirty and the decks were always sticky with spilled drinks. Very unkept and Gross!
All buffet meals were the same tasteless and overcooked casserole dishes.
Extremely small room that smelled like treated urine from the septic. A spa employee told me it always smells that way and comes through the vents.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I loved everything about this gorgous city. Only had 6 hours here (shortest time in ports) but great day anyway. Not enough time for both shopping and beaches due to their locations.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Beautiful beaches
Don't Miss: Extreme Canopy Excursion was amazing! The best excursion I have ever taken!!
Mazatlan, Mexico
Yuck! Dirty, overpriced shopping and unsafe in many tourist areas I went. I returned to the ship very early.