Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Thanksgiving Cruise

Sail Date: November 18, 2011

The ship was beautiful, the staff was friendly, and we had a good time. I have never been to Cabo; it was my favorite port. It was clean and the beach was really nice. We went horseback riding in Ensenada which was fun for beginners but for anyone else it was very boring.

Pros: Pretty ship. Lots of nice areas to sit and read.

Cons: The itinerary was changed and the ports weren't great. People smoking on board.

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

I went to a couple of shows and they were awful.
The beds are not very comfortable. We would wake up every morning with a back ache. I wondered if this was on purpose so that you would want to go to the spa for a massage.
The staff was very friendly however not really helpful. I was on the lido deck when a man who was in a wheelchair with one leg was trying to scoot himself to a table with his tray. Staff walked right by him and did not help. I asked him if I could push him to a table and he was very thankful.
The food was very basic. Some of the food was bad but most was just average. A couple of dishes were excellent like the veggie lasagna. We ate once in the Steak House ($30/person). It was very good (just like the regular dining room use to be 25 years ago). The service wasn't great and the restaurant was not even half full.
Manzanillo, Mexico
We didn't even go in to port. The excursions available were not exciting and the ship didn't even have shop or restaurants that they recommended.
Ensenada, Mexico
Went horseback riding which was fun as I was a beginner but boring for those who weren't.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
My family went on the Zip Line the first day and had an awesome time (this excursion was through Orbitz as we got a coupon for booking through them). The second day we went to the beach was really nice. Cabo is very clean. The bad thing is on the beach there were so many people trying to sell you things. Literally every 2 minutes people were asking you to buy things. The walk to the beach is long, take the little boats to the beach. $3/person.
Don't Miss: Zip Line
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
PV was again very clean which impresses me. We took the excursion "Pirate Ship". Not worth the $99/person. The beach they took you to was not as nice as Cabo and they didn't have lounge chairs just regular uncomfortable chairs. The water was ok.