Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Sail Date: August 19, 2009

Room Type: Suite

The food buffets were ordinary and long lines so food was always cold before you sat down to eat. I did however, enjoy the "sit down" dinners.

Some service people were rude (in the bar/lounge areas and didn't even smile); some did not speak English.

Room service does not include hot breakfast, so I was disappointed with that.

The room we had was fabulous and so was the steward! They took really good care of us.

People who sign up for cruises should have ground rules; some behavior was unacceptable. Shoving in lines, etc.

The auctioneer for Park West was really rude. Although we ended up buying several pieces, I thought he was rude to customer. Tom was very nice and respectful and even the auctioneer was rude to him.
I would not buy art from the cruise ship again because of the auctioneer. He didn't care about anybody.

Pros: Our Room was wonderful

Cons: Waiting in Lines

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

Buffets were ordinary; dining time 6:00pm was great and a fun experience.
Out of all the staff, there were five staff that went above and beyond.
Crew did a good job and keeping things clean and neat.
I loved the balcony and jets in the bathtub. The steward was excellent!
Sitka, Alaska
I loved the totem park and seeing the salmon run in Sitka. Sitka has a different feel; it felt more native than the other parts and it was a cute place.
Don't Miss: The Totem Park and Historical Society
Juneau, Alaska
We went whale watching, but I thought it was too expensive for the price. I wouldn't go again or would try another service.
Skagway, Alaska
Don't do the kayaking. It was strenuous, cold, and the water was choppy. It wasn't work the money.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Just shopping in town was fun. The must see was the bird rescue man who had rehabilitated owls, hawks, and eagles. He was a must see. We went zip lining, but it wasn't worth the time and money and you didn't see any wildlife at all.
Don't Miss: The Bird rescue man in town