Informative and Entertaining Naturalist

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Northbound Alaska (Vancouver To Whittier)
Sail Date: August 19, 2009
Ship: Carnival Spirit
I found the ship to be too "Vegas" glitzy for my taste, but it was organized, comfortable (if a little to hot most of the time), clean and stuffed to the gills with friendly, helpful staff. I loved listening to the Natualist (Michele) explain what we were seeing, where we were going and pointing out any animals or marine mammals.

For the most part, excellent food with good sized portions.

Everyone was exceptional, especially my dining room waiter (arthur) and my stewardess (Agnes).

Too glitzy. I prefer a less Vegas and more traditional decor. My cabin was always too warm.

Very roomy and well designed. VERY clean.
My favorite spot on the cruise. I loved the Totem Park and the Raptor Center
Don't Miss: Totem Park and the Artist Cove Gallery for some great, authentic Alaskan art
The Artist co-op always has some really lovely art for sale.
Don't Miss: The Treadwell Zipline was great fun. The Twisted Fish has good food & views.
I thought Ketchikan was fun.
Don't Miss: LOVED the snorkeling excursion.
I liked the historic feel to the town.
Don't Miss: White Pass & Yukon Railroad trip

Pros: The naturalist

Cons: The "glitzy" ship decor

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!