Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Great Cruise

Sail Date: August 19, 2009

With the tip policy everyone was great friendly and glad to see you until the tips were passed out or posted to your charge card when you reached port. After the tips were in the bank then it was like you are in their way, and they want you off the ship even though you are waiting for them to allow you off the ship. The cruise was the best until the last day. The last day hurt how I felt about the entire cruise.

Pros: Great trip. Very nice to slow down and enjoy a vacation with out running around trying to see it all like a traditional vacation

Cons: tip policy. The cruise has a manditory 15% gratutity policy that is billed toward your credit card

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

very nice they wait staff did a wonderful job taking care of everyone.
The Best until the last day then it was like get off my boat
I did not have children with me but there were over 300 on the boat and I hardly ever saw them they were very well cared for
Sitka, Alaska
Wonderful historical visit. Take a tour do some shopping but eat on the ship
Ketchikan, Alaska
Entire town was a wasted stop.
Skagway, Alaska
Nice stop but very controlled by the cruise industry. Most of the shops appeared to be owned by the ships
Juneau, Alaska