Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Amazing Experience

Sail Date: June 24, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This cruise was an awesome experience! The ship and its crew were great! There were fun activities and they helped you get the best out of every port! You can tell that the crew loves what they do! I can't wait to go back!

Pros: I loved the wonderful staff members throughout the ship. The ocean view and glaciers were an amazing sight I will always remember!

Cons: My only complaint is that it did not last long enough!

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!

The ship was a beauty!
The only problem was that we were signed up for the earlier dinner because we had a small child and some senior citizens with us and we were somehow moved to the later dinner which was a slight inconvenience.
Loved our room and the view from the balcony, one of my favorite parts.
The staff was amazing, their enthusiasm made me want to work there!
Katherine was our best friend and helped us not feel overwhelmed at each port and we loved all of the shows but the last show which included some of the ships guests was our favorite.
The fun house was a great place for the child of our party to go. She loved to play and the staff was very helpful.
Skagway, Alaska
We visited the new klondike brewery, we made if for their grand opening and the atmosphere was great! The brewmaster was very knowledgeable and generous! Plus we had the pleasure to help raise money for the skagway girls basketball team. The goldpanning next door was also very fun--this was our other favorite activity of the trip!
Don't Miss: Don't miss the brew and view! Great fun, food and people!
Sitka, Alaska
We loved this sight because it seemed to be the most authentic alaskan town. It seemed the majority of the people were locals and not seasonal workers.
Don't Miss: The inside of their beautiful church!
Juneau, Alaska
My husband really enjoyed the Knife shop with the ulu demonstrations.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Jim our bus driver was a great guide through this port, we learned a lot and it was neat to hear it from a local!
Don't Miss: Do not miss the canapy zip line adventure! Katie and Chad made this activity a blast!