Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very good service and great food but a lot of sales pitches and overpriced excursions

Sail Date: November 06, 2016

Reviewed: 23 days ago

My husband and I, our daughter and her three children were on the cruise - it was a first for all of us.  I was pleasantly surprised by the very high quality of the food, by the cleanliness and attractiveness of the ship, and the reasonably comfortable cabin. For the price, I think all those rate 5 stars.  On the negative side, the pools were tiny and the adult one was closed for repair. The Carnival is known as the best ship for kids but the programs seemed a bit limp.  Then the price of the excursions were a shock.  They ran about $80 a person just to go to a beach with lunch - for us that was a $400 bill - and there were no good alternatives.  Coco beach is not even as nice as Virginia Beach where we live.

Nassau was interesting but no beach at all and Freeport was also disappointing.  It was our fault for not realizing that the piers would not necessarily be in a good location.  My granddaughter and I did a sail and snorkeling on a catamaran for $60 each and that was a good experience although quite a bit shorter than the promised 3.5 hours. Plus - no lunch even though the sail was from 11:30 to 1:30.  My granddaughter is diabetic - I would not have taken her on it if I'd known we wouldn't even get a sandwich or cookie.

We're still debating whether we would do it again or whether we would prefer to fly somewhere and rent somewhere for a week.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Had to stand for nearly three hours in line to get on boat with three tired children. Disembarking a bit better as we could sit on deck until called - only in line for a half hour but it was still a long wait - hours - to get off boat. However, I assume the problem is security - not the ships.