Worst vacation

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Pride

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 12, 2016

Ship: Carnival Pride

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 5133

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Took a friend with me after another bailed.  I paid for the cruise and she was supposed to cover the drink package.  Carnival told her she had to buy 2 drink packages, one for me and one for her.  She told them she was a recovering alcoholic and they told her it didn't matter.  She instead bought a few bottles for me to have in the room.  Problem with that is she now had alcohol right in front of her.  I didn't find out she had a drinking problem until the third day.  She ended up drinking most of what was in the room and then started buying drinks at the bars.  I guess it was a way for Carnival to make money and ruin someone's life at the same time.  She hadn't had a drink in 4.5 years before this trip and now is back in rehab.  So I spent $2600 before stepping on the boat and ended up babysitting her through the whole trip.  I know of a lot of other things that I could do that are way better than a cruise for $2600.  I really truly believe that if she was able to buy one drink package then the urge and pressure would not have been so great for her to drink.  She had been around me many times while I was drinking and never wanted one.  Thanks Carnival!!!

Ship experiences

Ship tip

Spend your money on a trip to Europe or just fly to your destination and enjoy more time and save money.

Ports of call

Baltimore, Maryland

Grand Turk Island

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island