Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruise 6/12/16 - 6/19/16

Sail Date: June 12, 2016

I traveled with my two childresn 17 and 8 as well as my 2 friends and their two 18 year olds.  We all had plenty of things to do aboard the Pride.  The travel days out were gorgeous sailing days... my son spent the entire day at the water park.  He loved it.  He also enjoyed going to camp Carnival several times throughout the trip, which was completely free during the day.  The teenagers loved being able to gamble in the casino since they couldn't do this at home.  We all attended the shows in the Taj.  These were probably my least favorite activities but were not awful.  It was nice to sit and relax for a period of time.  The comedians were very good, some better than others.  I liked how they offer both family friendly and adult only sessions of the comedians.  I also liked how they switched the comedians during the trip so we had 4 different comedians in total.  you have to get to the comedians early though to get seats.  A suggestion to Carnival may be to move the prime time hour shows to the taj to accomodate everyone who wants to attend.    The dinners in the dining room were very good.  A good selection was offered each evening.  I did not enjoy the buffet for breakfast or lunch.  The food was not to my liking.  I chose either the salad bar, or mexican but loved Guy's burger joint.  We regret not booking a shore excursion in Freeport.  Since we did an excursion in Grand Turk we thought we would tour Freeport on our own, however there is very little around the port.  You must get some kind of ground transportation into the town.

seemed a little dated but was clean. Glad I brought a power strip. No electric in the bathroom and only one plug in sleeping area.

Get up early to get a chair near the pool.