Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Winter Break

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

It is hard to complain when you go somewhere warm and beautiful. So I gave it a good rating. Would I repeat it -no. The Ship was cold when it was cold outside and comfortable when is was warm outside. Diner at the Normandy was slow, food was often cold and lacked flavor. We joked that the Chef at the Normandy where trained in culinary school (made things look pretty) but the cooks at the buffet were trained by Mom (not pretty but flavorful). Don's waste your $ at David- you get better steaks and friendlier service at home. It is unclear to me why the excursions are so expensive. Entertainment seems to be centered around drinking. We enjoyed Nassau Blue lagoon excursion,  it was beautiful, not crowded and we did a great Segway tour with Ashton.

Cruise Photos

I paid for a balcony but cold temperature, smokers and people feeding birds when at port ruined it for me.
Very expensive. Nassau Blue lagoon nice but expensive, Freeport all inclusive beach included 3 other tours and a very small piece of beach. Not sure what was worse the loud drinkers or the smokers.
It's about drinking, evening music in pubs and bars.
Food at the buffet was faster and tasted better. Regarding the Pizza unclear why if there is a long line they don't start preparing popular orders ahead of time.
Baltimore, Maryland
Port Canaveral, Florida
We took a $2 per person cab ride to the Exploration Tower and paid $6.50 to enter.
I was going to do the beach BBQ tour, but they told me it was only Hamburgers and hot dog. Well the more expensive tour included same plus 1pc of chicken. We did Segway tour of blue lagoon. Try to negotiate price down.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The all beach getaway excursion come in 3 flavors which means 3 times the crowd. All you can eat and drink (mix drinks), entrance no food or drinks and entrance and all you can drink. Excursion leave at 8:30 so drinking start at about 9:10am-12pm.

Normandy dining was slow, food was pretty but lacked flavor. Steaks at David lacked flavor, were cook on a grill that was too hot so part of the outside was burnt. Freeport excursion are over crowded and over priced and crowded.