Not the best Thanksgiving vacations
Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Sail Date: November 22, 2015
Ship: Carnival Pride
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 8185
Traveled As: Family (young children)
Reviewed: 1 year ago
1. Was pretty cold for using pools Ship is pretty old inside and outside and does not have modern innovations such as flat screen TVs and TV panels in hall ways with schedules and information.
2. Stop for whole day in Charleston, S.C. at 50 degrees was just time killer. Better to go south and spend day in the see.
3. On Cocoa Beach stop only visiting Cape Canaveral might be valuable. To go to Orlando to Disney parks for only 5-6 hours in the busiest time with double pay is total waste of money. Cocoa Beach Village is nice, but absolutely nothing to see, only shopping. To get there you have to pay. Never go there again. Better stay on the ship. Definitely it was too cold and windy on the beach and no way to get there from ship by walking. Total waste of that day too.
4. Nassau, Bahamas. Water wasn't warm to really enjoy the south. Do not know how people did snorkeling and swimming with dolphins. There are not so much to do in the city other than going to a beach. The biggest concern there is lack of time, only half of a day.
5. Freeport, Bahamas. No beach at all!!! Have to take a tour for $20 to get to a beach. That tour included ONLY 2 hours being on the beach. Drinks are not included and you have to pay $7-$9 to do not be thirsty.
6. There is "prohibition era" on the ship. At first, security confiscated 6 bottles of water we wanted to bring with us. That is too crazy for air plains, but how that can be justified for huge ocean-size ship? Bottle of water on the ship costs about $4, simple cocktail about $9. No free vine at dinner time. The most crazy part that you CAN purchase ANY alcohol in duty-free shop, but they will give it to you only on the last day morning.
7. Near Bahamas, when it was pretty warm ship was running with speed about 20 kts. When we get back and it was already cold it was cruising with a speed of about 10-11 kts.
8. Food options were pretty weak. Once I was up to pizza, but had to stay in line and by not knowing how long I have to wait I quit. Later heard some people complained about horrible pizzas. There was a situation when they were out of sanitizer on the entrance. No control over that at all.
9. Entertainment was also pretty weak. I assume the ship was not big enough for that. However I've noticed extremely bad planning. People couldn't get in to a magician presentation because he did it in a small room. One comedian was nice guy, but horrible comedian. Never saw "Comedy Club" before, but it sucked there.
10. Child care was pretty good. Probably the best thing on the ship.
That cruise cost us about the same money as our last trip to Mexico with better services, better food options, free drinks and free beach when you want.
Trip from Baltimore has to be done only in the summer, when it is warm whole cruising time and you do not hiding in your cabin the half of the time of your cruse.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Travel only at the Summer or from Miami. Be careful buying excursions, I paid $20 per person for only 2 hours on a beach.