Bahamas Cruise is Worth Your Vacation

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Bahamas & Grand Turk (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 09, 2015
Ship: Carnival Pride

My wife, 8 year old daughter, and I took this 7 night cruise - it was our first cruise experience. When asked afterward, my daughter said "It was the best vacation ever!" We booked an ocean view with balcony cabin, and enjoyed all aspects of the cruise: eating, games, shows, trivia, shopping, did I mention eating? The ship is a very nice, stable ship. I would rate this cruise 4.5 stars, but there is no option. My only 2 recommendations: first, there was a stop in Cape Canaveral FL, which was just ok, so we could have done without that stop and saved a day. I now see that Carnival is offering a 6 night cruise without FL - that seems like a winner. Second, the pools are pretty crowded and small, and ocean water content. We swam the first day for a few minutes and then did not go back. Other than those two minor issues, this is a cruise worth doing!

My wife really enjoyed having the private balcony, to get away from the crowds yet still have a view of the ocean and feel the breeze. It was also nice to open the curtains at night and see occasional storms, lightning, etc!

Buffet food/coffee is on Deck 9, so upper decks are definitely preferable; close to mid-ship was good because of access to 7 different elevators.