Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Just Ok

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My husband said it was an underwhelming experience.  One of the reasons we decided to cruise on the Pride is because our son had an unbelievable time at Camp Carnival when we traveled on the Splendor.  Unfortunately, the camp was not as exciting for him this time.  I think there just weren't enough activities or maybe it was the energy of the camp counselors - one way or another, more often than not, he preferred to be with us than to go to CC.  We are grateful that Carnival is open to kids with special needs but I think they could boost their ability to work with all the kids.  Melissa was wonderful and supportive.  Our room steward was amazing (Sidan).  Trevor made us all laugh during trivia and the staff for the most part was sweet.  The ship is old, one of the water slides was broken, the pools are WAY too salty.  The kids splash area was adorable and fun and without salty water.  There was one hot tub for everyone and that was usually overcrowded with kids.  There's another hot tub in "Serenity" (adult area) but that was usually overcrowded with loud drunk adults.  The shows were dreadful (I'm sorry to the performers...probably not their fault).  The music trivia drew crowds and tended to be really fun especially for my son who loves to dance.  The drinks were low on we usually paid extra for an extra shot of booze.  We're not big drinkers either.  The margarita drinks we tried to bring on the ship from the outside were confiscated...that never happened to us on Norwegian.  Overall, this was not the highlight of my summer vacation.  If you had to choose, I would recommend the Splendor over the Pride.  Oh...and the barely edible.  I'm sorry but it was really bad.  Off hours you have a choice of tasteless pizza, burger and fries, or a sandwich.  Not good.

A very nice room. We were expecting and ocean view but were surprised to find that we had a balcony (obstructed view). It was nice and comfortable. Sidan the room steward was wonderful.

I thought the disembarkation was very efficient. The staff was kind and fun. The food is not good and the hours that the food is open are strange. They don't seem to jive with the activities onboard. The drinks are virtually alcohol free so watch out for that.