Nice getaway

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 29, 2015

Saved some money going out of Baltimore instead of flying to Florida, but first couple days a little chilly. Kids swam in hot tub.  Food was okay, good variety.  Felt that most things were either bland or oversalted. Guy's Burger Joint and Taco stand had amazing food. Service good, has been better on other cruises.  Have been on another carnival cruise 15 years ago and a celebrity cruise 2 years ago that seemed a lot better.  Rooms could use an update along with general decor.  Had a lot of european type sculpture pictures along walls that were topless that my 10 year old noticed everywhere... Had taken a carnival cruise 15 years ago that I thought was better service.  Gave chocolate mints on pillows last time...other extra touches that were not there this time.  Beds and pillows were surprisingly comfortable.  My biggest complaint would be that there was no kids buffet or really kid friendly options.  My son could only get chicken nuggets if we did the formal dining which wasn't always an option with a 5 year old.  The kids are pretty open to new foods, but sometimes want the classics or some simple stuff.  They could get some of it if they ate dinner with kids club, but otherwise could not.  I also remembered on other cruises there being a presentation about upcoming ports that you could even watch on tv if you missed it, which I did not see on this cruise.  We didn't even know what to expect as far as weather/temperature each day.  Loved the Dr. Suess theme, although we had to pay extra to have room decorated.  The Dr. Suess breakfast was great and highly recommended!  Food was fun and dining decorated very playfully.  Kids loved it.  I wish there were more family type activites going on daily.  It seemed that you either had to drop the kids off at the camp carnival (you could not go in to do activites with them) to do adult only activity or spend money in the arcade to keep kids busy.  Comedy shows were really great and stone massage in spa to die for! Overall it was a nice cruise, but I am planning a resort vacation with my kids next time so that family activity options and kid food choices aren't as limited.

Decor due for update. Quiet location but convenient to everything. Did not get any noise from engines which I noticed a lot at back end of ship

Brought a power strip which was a good thing. Only 1 plug in the room!! Also brought some plastic hangers for closet. We chose your time dining which I will never do again. Huge wait times. Will pick assigned dining time next time. "Dive in" movies by pool were fun but get there early for seats

Stingrays at Gibb's Cay with snorkeling and ate fresh Conch. Great excursion!
Our favorite! Beautiful beach and you have no concerns about safety d/t privacy
Swam with dolphins, would have liked to spend more time there