Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Great Trip!

Sail Date: January 25, 2015

The Carnival Pride is one of my favorite ships. I love the size. Not too big, not too little. This was our fourth cruise on the Pride with a few changes positive and some negative, but, all in all still a great ship. Embarkation in the Tampa port was smooth. We were traveling with another couple and after getting our sign and sail cards, realized our dinner seating wasn't together. The maitre d' informed us we were not "linked together" by our travel agent. (Who, BTW, did not return calls on a couple of questions we had as we neared our ships sailing.) Our friends were seated upstairs at a table for two, we were seated downstairs at a table for two. The maitre d fixed this for us. Our cabin was 6267. It was very clean, well maintained,  and comfortable. Our room steward introduced himself and was friendly and professional. He addressed my husband and I, everyday,  by our first names, asked how our day was going and offered his assistance if we needed anything. The food in the Normandy was very good. We did notice a longer wait than usual, but our meals were served hot. We Loved Guy's Place and ate there everyday for lunch. The hamburgers and french fries were outstanding! The toppings bar was great. Yummy! The room service was quick, the food was very good. The Day entertainment was just ok...a lot of trivia games. Come on Staff!! We have been on other Carnival ships where the day fun for the passengers was much more creative. We always participate in the extra activities, boring or not. We definitely miss the galley tour, I didn't see it offered. There was a Dr. Seuss parade with the kids. That was something new to us and fun. The Night entertainment was great! We especially enjoyed "88Keys". The male (blond) and female(short blond hair) head singers in the production were phenomenal! I am so bad at remembering names.  We took the  Dolphin Encounter excursion in Roatan. It was really, really fun and informative! I would definitely do this excursion again! (Make sure you wear sunscreen!) There is one complaint I have and it happens on most ships....when we are eating inside in the buffet areas, it would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED if the passengers enjoying the sun and pool would COVER-UP before walking through. Trust me, there is TMI in the worst of ways going on.....and it doesn't involve "eye candy" (which should also be covered up!). All in all...the cruise was a good one. I would def go again on the Pride. The weather was perfect, the seas were calm, the sky's were blue, what more could you ask for!  BTW...afterthought...the casino was tight, tight, tight!!

Cruise Photos

Clean...I like a ship to look more "nautical". David with his fig leaf doesn't belong on the high seas!! The decor was depressing!
Longer wait, but food was good. Guy's Place was fantastic!!
Clean, comfortable
Stateroom attendants were fabulous.
Day entertainment was so-so. Night entertainment was great!
Cute Dr. Seuss Parade
Boring, boring, boring!!!! We have sailed many times before with a much more creative staff!
Loved the ports....The Dolphin Encounter in Roatan was worth every dime.
Tampa, Florida
Relax and get ready to cruise. Tampa is a friendly city!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Colorful and relaxing
Belize City, Belize
Enjoyed shopping there. Don't forget to buy some cashew wine and some homemade hot sauce!!
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Had a fabulous "Dolphin Encounter". Pretty, lush island!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Go see the turtle farm and "hell". Fun to send a postcard from hell.

Don't miss eating the food from Guy's Place! Phenomenal!! Don't miss the show, 88 Keys! Also, Phenomenal!! Wear sunscreen.