The Mexican Cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 06, 2008
Ship: Carnival Pride
Over all, the ship is fine. There are a lot of places to go and do things at all times of the day and night. They have several restaurants including a 24 hour one and room service which is also 24 hours. There is gernerally some type of entertainment on stage most evenings. If it is for adults only, it is not put on until midnight. It is nice that before each port of call, there is a talk about it and maps handed out for it. The stateroom that we are familliar with was a good size and had a balcony.

the food was ok, except that when I didn't care for a meal, I told them yes, please bring me something else. Well, I didn't get the slightly warm food until the dessert menu was handed out. I think that was wrong. I didn't eat it as everyone else was done. From then on, if I didn't like something, I just did without. Also, the waiter and assistant didn't even know any of our names by the time we left. Nothing that made us feel wanted at all.

The entertainment was average. There wsas no big name acts. Bingo was even iffy.

The only ones who seemed to care about us as people and not cattle, were kurt, the stateroom stuart and his assistant.

The ship was a fine size and was layed out ok. It was always being cleaned and wiped down. There are several elevators and stairs that are for the convience of all passengers. The decor, was a bit loud. I heard several comments each day about why could they not choose different pictures, etc. rather than being so bold.

The size and condition of the stateroom was fine except the mattress was not in good condition. the stateroom stuart and assistant went out of their ways for us.
We did a bit of last minute shopping and other than that, we walked to town and back.
We hired a private taxi and had him take us to the places that are not usually seen by "gringos". We ate at an 'open air market' and it was TERIFFIC! We enjoyed our day there! We did most of our shopping here. We had been told that this is the cheapest of the 3 Ports and we found it actually was.
We just walked the town and we walked out to the ocean. Also did a bit of shopping. We ate at a small place on a small side street.

Pros: The balcony out of our room

Cons: The non-personal contact

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!