Cruising on the Panorama

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Panorama

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 18, 2020

Ship: Carnival Panorama

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 1266

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We had a great time!! We will do it again!! Super fun!

Embarkation

Very easy. Arrived on time for our appointment. Got right through and on our way to the ship.

Ship experiences

Every restaurant was great. The MDR, the Lido, Guy’s Pig and Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse. My favorite was Seafood Shack. The lobster rolls and the lobster BLT were delicious. They definitely do not skimp on the lobster.

The DJs, the Cruise Director Emma, Playlist Productions, the Hasbro game shows, everything was WONDERFUL!! I was thoroughly entertained!! The mega deck party and the 80’s party were so much fun! These entertainers really know how to put on a great show! If you get Emma as CD, just know that she is the BEST!!

The staff was fantastic, as usual. They really cater to you. I find it so much fun when you’re walking around the ship and run into the waiter from dinner and they call you by your name and say hello. I try to remember their names as well. The staff really seem to care about you. The kids and I went to dinner one night without my hubby (migraine) and the waiter from brunch, Dushan (who was not our dinner waiter) asked where he was. Anytime we were out and about, our room steward Su always called us by name and asked where so and so was if somebody wasn’t with us. Great service!!

The ship was only 5 weeks old when we were there. Very beautiful and clean.

Okay, I don’t like giving this cabin 2 stars but it is unavoidable. I will start with the good. It was clean, comfortable, the size was nice and set up in a good way. I did not have a problem with the aesthetics of the room. The problem I had was the noise. Something I didn’t know when booking the room was that it was right above the gangway/gangplank. I booked through Carnival by phone. All day and night throughout the whole trip we heard this horrible rattling and squeaking. I honestly can’t describe the noise. It was just super loud. It started off as just small noises that we thought was the ship “settling” so we just tried to ignore it. It got progressively worse. By the time we were on the way back from Puerto Vallarta, it was unbearable because we were moving so fast that the noise got so much worse than on the way out there. We had a tough time sleeping, well I did because I am a super light sleeper. Our kid’s room was just two doors over and there weren’t any noises in their room. Carnival ended up crediting us money for onboard spending to compensate us for what we had to endure because there weren’t any rooms to move us to. We ended paying only $103.45 for our onboard expenditures and we had racked up almost $600 worth of spending. I had to show them video proof of how loud the noise was and they told us there was nothing they could do to fix it. Hence the onboard credit. They did give us earplugs as well, which did help. So if you book on the Panorama, please don’t book cabin 1266 unless you make sure they have secured the gangway/plank.

Ship tip

Have fun, relax, watch the shows, eat at Seafood Shack, have a Long Island Ice Tea and don’t book cabin 1266 unless they secure the gangway/plank. The noise is unbearable. Bring an extension cord because the plugs above the bed are only 220.

Ports of call

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Mazatlan, Mexico

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Disembarkation

Super easy. We waited until the last possible moment to get off the ship and we sailed through customs.