Horrible trip

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Panorama

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 28, 2019

Ship: Carnival Panorama

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 2439

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

This was my first cruise and probably my last. I booked through this site only because of the options of boarding credit or a gift card or cash. I never received anything regarding how to redeem my options until a week before my cruise and by then it was too late i was told the was nothing they could do. Never again will I use this site.

Embarkation

This was my first cruise ever. I was never told we needed a boarding pass to go ashore. We got a letter the next day saying we needed to have gone to a certain area to get our number. We had to wait 2 hours before we could disembark, limiting our time at port.

Ship experiences

Buffet served the same food every day. I would have liked a variety. I was charged $3 for a mint tea bag.

My child had lots of fun at Camp Ocean. The only downside was the extra charge for taking her at night.

This cabin was very small. It did accommodate 5 people, but we could only sit on the beds. There was no room for the table that was there once the bunkbed was taken out.

Ship tip

Download the cruise app and keep track of your spending.I was not prepared for the $100 for gratuities that was added to my bill on the last day. It made me mad that they charged my 9 year old the $100. When i asked they said everyone over the age of 2 gets charged. But why? When we go out to dinner, my 9 year old doesn't tip the waiter or tip cleaning staff when we're staying at a hotel. The extra $400 i had to pay was not what i signed up for.

Ports of call