Carnival Miracle Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Food was terrible and spa failed to impress

Sail Date: June 03, 2014

This was our first Cruze experience. We still enjoyed ourselves and Alaska is something so unique within itself that it shouldn't be missed! However, our Cruze experience failed to impress and we will probably never book a carnival Cruze again. First off, they canceled a stop and when I called to inquire about maybe some sort of refund or what we would be doing instead I was greeting by a rude lady laughing at the idea of getting some compensation. So, we let that go and decided to not fully refund and go Cruze anyways since we were flying from Hawaii. I would like to start off with the spa experience... I had a facial which was absolutely great, they always tell you how bad your skin is and try to sell you on stuff but was still good. However, we also booked a couples massage that was one of the absolute worst, unprofessional experiences at I spa I have ever received. The 2 young women that helped us were giggling and communicating to each other the entire time. We weren't sure if they were making fun of us or what!? We were already uncomfortable with our bodies since eating so much. My boyfriend didn't mind his massage but felt very uncomfortable with the communicating giggly girls. My massage however was terrible! She started with one leg then when switching legs the massage was very uneven, like she had forgotten what she did on one then the other? Then she went back to the first leg again for a few seconds... Then to my back. It was like she had never given one before! If I wasn't stuck on a boat where I would have to see these people again we would have gotten up and walked out! Very unprofessional! It made the experience very uncomfortable! Also, the food was horable! There is lots of it, but not good at all. The bauccus restaurant that was included seemed to use the leftovers from the buffet. Just set up a little more fancy. The breakfast was even worse there! My boyfriend got his food about 20 minutes before I received my cold, 2 eggs, buffet hash browns and toast! They also tried to sit us with a randome table of people to save tables? It was awkward and when we told then we wanted our own table for 2 they seemed angry and irritated at us. Sorry, u have to buss one more table because of us I guess. It was very odd! The server was very rude and when another table complained about him, he became awkwardly nice to us and let us know how much trouble he was in. He shouldn't tell other people. Very strange experience. We were also let down by the crew members of the steak house! We called to make reservations which they told us jeans weren't allowed. So we made reservations for our last night. However, when walking by the restoraunt there were lots of people wearing jeans and cowboy hats!!!! So we called the next day to make sure there wasn't a dress code the night we were going and was told no. So, we threw the jeans in the washer. My boyfriend was wearing a nice pair of walking shorts and they wouldn't let us in! We told her what was going on and the previous night watching people with pants walk in. The only thing she could do was say, "sorry, no shorts. But last night there wasn't a dress code". GET IT TOGETHER! So we were never able to experience the steak house. By the end of dealing with bad customer service and not feeling comfortable enough to complain right then and there, I will never book a carnival Cruze again.

Pizza, and salad bar were only things ok

1 Comment