Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: May 07, 2016

I have been on several Carnival Cruises and I must say this is one of the worst we have been on. Guest services were rude and acted like they didn't know what was going on when you would call with a concern.

Kids running around everywhere unsupervised! First I would never have allowed my children to just run rampant up and down stairs and hallways and hit every button on the elevator. Whats up with these parents who do not watch their children.

Hot tubs closed at 9:30pm so if you did not want to get in a hot tub during the day while it was HOT you didn't get to get in the hot tub. I would think they would have closed them down around 11pm. The two hot tubs in the back of the boat that were open for a little longer was full of kids.

Pretty much everything closed down early! Show in the showtime theater we're HORRIBLE! Poor talent. The lead woman singer can sing at all! Comedy show was not that funny either.

We had reserved seating early dining. The food was okay not Carnivals best. Our servers were great and were fun. But I did notice others serves who wish they were anywhere but there.

Our room server guy was kept our room nice and clean but he never removed empty  dirty glasses from the room. We would have a collection of them on the table to be picked up.

We had a balcony (which is not something we usually splurge on but did this time) our neighbors had two young kids and they would keep there door open to their balcony or sit on the balcony and allow the kids to thrown a temper tantrum. I made a comment to my husband "What the hell... take the kids inside your room shut the balcony door and not be a disturbance to others who are trying to enjoy a relaxing time."  We have two grown kids and there is no way we would have allowed that to go on. We would have been considerate of those who are on vacation too.

Excursion.... we went on a VIP tour in Costa Maya through Carnival and it was a great tour we had a great tour guide.

Roatan, Honduras we did not book through Carnival we went to Little French Key and this was our best stop on the entire cruise. We loved it. I highly recommend looking them up if you are going to that area. I give them five stars!!!Happy

Belize City, Belize.. my daughters and her cousin went zip lining they said it was a lot of fun and that was done through Carnival. Tour guide was really good. The dark night staff was very helpful and made sure you felt safe at all times.

Cozumel was our last stop and we went back and forth on whether to do an excursion but in the end decided to do one. WORST decision we made. Cost us big time too. Angry David our tour guide was the best part of the trip. We did Chankanaab Park (spelling is not correct). It promised beautiful reefs and beaches but completely failed on that. No beach and no reef! DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!

Angry

Last but not forgotten is the cruise director is all but himself!!! He tried to hard to be funny but fell flat. I will not go on Carnival Magic again.

Don't sail on Carnival Magic