Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Magic on the Magic!

Sail Date: August 02, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was the second cruise for me, there were still many firsts.  It was my first time to visit Galveston, Texas.  I was in love.  Such a mix of flavors there.  Plenty of typical touristy attractions, other attractions within a short driving distance, and it is a port close enough for us to drive to. The Magic was  . . . majestic. Happy Cliche, I know.  However, that's how I felt.  The staff on the Magic were just as amazing as those on the Liberty 2 years prior.  I even ran into a few I had known from before.  There was a bit of bumbling in the main dining room, though the going rumor was new management.  After a couple of nights where it felt like we were struggling to get our meals, we opted to eat pizza.  Cozumel came with an excursion to the nature reserve where we were shown sea turtle nesting sites, a wonderful lighthouse, and an amazing beach.  The guide was very personable and even helped give us tips on taking wonderful photos.

Belize was fun, but limited as our excursion was cancelled due to low water levels in the rivers and caves.  However, we did have a blast shopping in the tourist area and hanging out with a local celebrity at the Tender Bar & Grill.

Isla Roatan, Honduras was nothing but pure heaven.  Sunny weather, warm ocean water, floatation device that holds the bucket-o-beer and has a shade umbrella, plus wi-fi access!!! So I could chill on the ocean and stay FB connected at the same time.  Really, best part was being able to FaceTime with friends and family from the beach and share (make them jealous) my amazing view.  Yeah, I got sunburned pretty bad in Cozumel.  You can tell in some of the pics. Sad

Sea days were great, though I did have more of an issue with motion sickness this time despite my self-medication.  We had an amazing time and met wonderful people!

My best friend. Words are not enough.

Our waiter. Happy

Our table-mates!

Experienced the wonder of their bar-skills and amazing customer service!

Met these crazy folks!

Overall, it was a great trip.  The hiccup with our excursion didn't dampen the wonder of  the entire cruise.  The issues in the main dining room just encouraged us to branch out and see more of the ship. There was definitely Magic to be experienced.Big Smile

The cabin was very spacious. The couch pulled out into a full sized bed so that my travel buddy could sleep as well as I did. The bathroom was HUGE! The dressing area big enough for 2. There was ample closet space and storage to hold all our stuff.