Fun time for the kids, but.........

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 07, 2015
Ship: Carnival Magic
Cabin Type: Suite

Our kids had a great time, but my husband and I were less excited. We've cruised with other cruise lines prior to this cruise. Our cabin attendant, Molly, was awesome, as were most of the bartenders. However, the ship's officers were cold and uninviting. On previous cruises, the officers were warm and welcoming....like they actually liked having you as a guest on their ship. Not so with Carnival. Also, I was served fried chicken that was not fully cooked. Then, on our last night in the main dining room, all four of my children and my husband ordered the bacon mac & cheese which also came with a chicken breast. All five were raw! We flagged down a server to let him know, but he did nothing about it. I finally got the attention of our main server who said he would let the kitchen know. He did offer to bring another dish, but at that point, everyone was nauseous just at the thought.

If you like a packed ship with lots of partying, then Carnival might be for you; however the clientele aboard the Magic was unpleasant. I can't blame the kids per se, but parents shouldn't let their children run amuck. It amazed me how many disrespectful children there were. Examples: a group of boys were running from floor to floor by jumping from the top of the stairs to the landing......for at least 7 floors. A family was walking back to their cabin on the last night of the cruise. Luggage was being taken for the next morning's departure, so the elevator bays were packed with luggage carts. The girl in the family had a plate of pizza. She bumped into the cart and the pizza hit the floor. She (and her parents) just walked away, leaving pizza sitting on the floor.

The excursions were, however, great. But, now we know we would rather just fly to those locations and vacation there. We will cruise again, just not with Carnival.

As mentioned in my review, we were served raw chicken on two separate occasions. And, the Italian restaurant was simply gross. Everyone we talked to on the ship said the same thing. Might want to rethink that one.

The piano bar was great! Hearing other singers throughout the ship made me want to run away. A singer should be able to carry a tune.

Molly (cabin attendant) was awesome! Not so much for everyone else. Many were cold and uninviting.

Perfect room for our family. Molly was awesome too!

Don't go on this ship if you like parents who let their children run amuck. :)

We visit Galveston frequently. There's lots to do!
The Mayan Ruins in Tulum were awesome! Wish we had more time there.
We didn't go to the city, but rather went snorkeling on a small island. Completely awesome!
We loved horseback riding and snorkeling there! We also enjoyed the beach.