First cruise ever!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 08, 2015
Ship: Carnival Magic

Where to start, first as a chiropractor I do not have back problems, ever.  I woke up every day with a stiff sore hurting low back.  And it wasn't because of activity, I am very active.  Not your fault but I will never take a cruise in the winter months, the water in the pools and slides were cold enough that my three children wouldn't use them.  The food was average at best, except the one night we paid extra for a good steak.  The last night my wife and I started off with crab cake that was average and small.  One very small crab cake that was gone in 3 bites.  Then we had panko crusted shrimp that was more breading than shrimp, I grew up on the coast of Texas and have eaten seafood my whole life and I have had better tasting shrimp at Joe's Crab Shack.  The ports of Costa Maya and Progresso are worthless without an excursion.  The good part of the cruise was Camp Ocean, my 10 year old loved it and the staff was excellent.  Our stateroom man was excellent as well as the staff all over the ship.  I am not bitter it was an experience that we mostly enjoyed, but I would not take that exact cruise again on the Magic.

My 10 year old loved it the two teenager girls would have rather gone skiing.