Great Cruise - Great Ship

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 10, 2011
We were really impressed with this new ship. The added features were great and the service we received overall was very good. We enjoyed the new food stations, especially the burrito bar. It was the best food in the Lido area that I have experienced in all of my past cruises. There were plenty of selections and the quality was also very good. The implementation of the non smoking areas was also a vast improvement. The casino was virtually smoke free.

This was overall the best food we have experienced on any cruise. I am usually not a fan of the buffet but I ate lunch there almost everyday and enjoyed all of it.

Dining room staff was execellent, we were all pleased with the service. When we asked for something extra it was never a problem

Very clean in all areas, easy to find your way around.

We had a AFT extended balcony, the layout was a little different and it actually seemed a little larger.
Wife and I walked around town and it was nice, others took the train to Pisa. It's a easy train ride and they had a good time
We walked through town and did some shopping and spend some time in an outdoor cafe.
Some of our group hired a taxi to Pompeii, they said there was not a lot to see. We all then took a hydofoil across to Capri, we rented a powert boat and toured the island and went swimming. The beaches ( rocks ) were over crowded.
We took a train into Rome then the 'Hop on Bus' for a city tour followed by a tour of the Vatican. It was very hot and crowded this time of year. I purchased everything in advance of leaving home. This worked out very well.
What a beautiful place. Safe and friendly.

Pros: Additions to ship, Red Frog, Serenity, Water Park, Non Smoking

Cons: None

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!