Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

9 Night European Cruise

Sail Date: June 24, 2011

Did not like the decor.... looked cheap to us. The food was good. The staff was a bit inexperienced. Food servers forgot to get us our orders, mixed up orders, etc.

Pros: The ports were interesting

Cons: Too many of the major cities put together too close. Spent the first 5 days exhausted. Should either stay overnight in one port or have a sail day inbetween.

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!

Very clean. Cabin Stewards were great.
Got a massage and was put into an uncomfortable position by a hard sell of merchandise. Which I "had to have" to feel better. $160 for 2 1/2 months... I just wanted a nice relaxing massage and came away feeling pressured and tense from the hard sell. Attendent was running around opening doors to find my wife because I told her that I wanted to discuss this with my wife. She took off running down the hall, opening doors to find her. Thought the whole thing was tacky and unprofessional.
Naples, Italy
We did not like being taken to a shop owner in Sorento. Felt like we were set up.
Don't Miss: Amalfi coast was great. I would pass on Sorento.
Monte Carlo, Monaco

Don't Miss: Downtown Monoco. Nice, France was ok... but a bit dirty
Messina, Sicily
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Don't Miss: Visit everything..... great.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
The city of Florence. Tuscany winery were great
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands

Don't Miss: Liked the Flamigo dancers.