Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Honeymooners

Sail Date: April 12, 2014

Cabin: 6-458

The cruise was a fabulous thing for my new husband and myself to do. We were able toget a room with a balcony for a more private atmosphere. We are not big drinkers (I believe I had two glasses of wine while on the cruise). We did not have to go to the Lido deck to sunbath etc. It was private enough and we didn't have to fight crowds to find a place to sit, etc. The overall cruise was great: our turn-down service crewwere amazing, very helpful, polite, always happy to see us and pleasant to have around. While our evening server was very pleasant as well, polite and an overall nice guy. There were only a few issues thatweran into: there was an early dock time (7:00am) and there was a scheduled karaoke event until after midnight and most rooms in our section of the boat were kept up by the noise. It wasn't an issue when we docked later in the day, but on days that we docked later in the day, karaoke was over/shut downby 10 or 11pm, which didn't make much sense to us. While booking our cruise my fiance and I were told that would be giving us $100 off shore credit or the option to get $150 on-board credit. When we got on board I remembered after we were already on way to the Bahamas that we never sawthe credit. We went to guest services to ask about that and money that was taken out of our bank account. When we checked our account, Carnival had taken $200 out of our checking account day of the cruise. This may have been explained to me, but I don't recall it. However, when we asked guest services they had norecord of the credit from and the money from our bank account was for both of our gratuities for the cruise employees. Not a problem because we believe in tipping, but again we don't drink so why should it be 80-100 from each of us for two major amenities: housekeeping & dinner service? We never received the credit and guest services said we could call about it. Guest services also promised my husband a $30 credit to our room account for the karaoke. When we received our bill there was no credit there either. We enjoyed being on honeymoon, butweren't 100% satisfied with the overallcustomerservice from the actual customs service department. The highlight was us celebrating our marriage together, the dinner service, our room, the privacy and our housekeeping staff!
Children's Programs N/A

Have the sit down breakfast vs. buffett. And we will always get the balcony!