Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Worst Experience Ever on Carnival!

Sail Date: July 21, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My complaints are few but very significant.  The cabin was too small for four people.  As seniors, my sister and I had to climb a ladder to sleep in a narrow bunk bed on alternating nights.  My granddaughter slept in the other bunk.

We all banged our heads numerous times against the bunk beds during the day and night.  The steward was suppose to store the beds during the day-that never happened.

We missed our shore excursion -train ride because of mis- information from the ship about the departure time.

The food was sub standard all around-served cold and on two occasions still frozen.  Room service was a horror!

And finally, my daughter had her camera smashed into her face by a ship supervisor during muster.  The incident was reported and we were made to feel like liars.  I insisted that the ship's video be reviewed after which a sneior officer came to our cabin to apologize. My daughter was treated by the ship's doctor for bruises after she was ex-ray

Poor selection in dining room and unappealing food on the buffets.
Service and Staff Wait staff were pleasant but had to be constantly reminded to bring condiments and drinks.
Nicely coordinated for our 10 year old. She enjoyed herself.
Comedy shows were nice but very crowded. I liked the casino.
We really enjoyed the Victoria Double Decker bus tour and the dog sled ride. The puppies were a hit.
A tad uncomfortable as they wouldn't allow us to accompany my disabled daughter who had a full leg brace. We were sent in two different directions.
Cabin / Stateroom Totally undesirable for three adults and a child. Very small. The beds, however, were quite comfortable.

We booked well in advance and got a crummy cabin and a late dining time which was not good for a child and two diabetics.

Staff really needs retraining on how to be diplomatic and not physically aggressive when things are not pleasing to them-especially the supervisor named Kaytrina during muster