Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Decent time

Sail Date: October 10, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Very little of the staff speak good enough english to help at all! Guest services was a joke. Every time I had a question they told me to come back later! Expect to pay at least an extra $1000 for minimal extra comforts while on the cruise. 160$ for a family of 4 soda cards! The food was sub par. Even the "Truffles" restaurant food was so so. The staterooms remind me of a mobile home from the 1970's. There was actually duct tape holding a molding on our wall. Having a balcony is a must, or clothing will not dry and your room will smell like a dirty sneaker. Due to weather we only went to the Cayman and they sent us to Ocho Rios. No Mexico, Belieze or Isla Rotan. In turn they dropped us off at port in Jamacia with awful man made beaches and locals grabbing my children trying to braid their hair for cash when we were trying to get in a cab. The slots in the casino are as tight as a fishe's rear! Want to have a couple of drinks... on average $8-$9 each! Most of the fun parties at Camp Carnival are also extra fees! The ship was dated and slightly ran down. They did keep it clean. Our room was kept very clean. It was not over crowded. There were also many good points. I am not sure if I would try this cruise again. It may have just been that we only spent 2/7 days at shore! In turn they offered us 20% off our next cruise because we did not get to go to three of our destinations! (I think you get about 10% off anyway just for being a past cruiser, so not a great deal). The live Jazz shows were very nice. It could have been much worse. The kids really liked camp carnival, but if you want to go dancing with your spouse expect to pay, you will not be doing much dancing before 11:00 p.m. Most of the adult fun starts late.

Pros: The waiter was excellent

Cons: They shake you down for cash constantly when on board

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.

Belize City, Belize
You guessed it! Did not get to stop here either. Cabin fever started setting in!
We did not get to visit this port of call on the trip due to weather. I had a nice excursion booked to.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I did not get to go here either. Once again very disappointed.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The beach was nice. White sand clear water. Expect to pay to get there though. The shops were pricey! I did not book an excursion at this port.
Don't Miss: the beach