Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The Most Fun Ever

Sail Date: June 29, 2006

We have cruised on other lines before and we really weren't sure what to expect from Carnival. We were not disappointed. The lay out of the ship was such that no one area was ever crowded at any time, except by the pool. The food in the Unicorn Cafe was very delicious and a wide variety of food types were always available.

We loved eating in the dining room. Our wait staff was superior. The dishes never stayed on the table for long - they were extremely efficient. I loved that the wait staff would perform for us every night. The Carnival ships really are the fun ships. Our waitress got so attached to us, that she actually wept on our last night together.

There was only one bad experience for us and that occurred on the evening of the Carnival Legends shows. An elderly man thought that we were saving seats and began shouting at us and calling us rude. The truth was that a woman had taken her elderly mother to the ladies room just before the show started and it took her a long time to get back to her seat. The man eventually took the seat next to me and was very embarrassed when the two women returned. If security had been present, we could have been saved the argument. I wouldn't let this experience stop me from cruising with Carnival again. It could have happened anywhere. The man spoke broken English and obviously didn't understand what we were trying to explain to him.

Pros: Loved the lay out of the ship, I never felt crowded.

Cons: The decor was a little ornate for my taste, but I wasn't buying the ship.

Our room steward went above and beyond the call of duty.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The shopping was awesome. Instead of Meghan's Bay, we enjoyed going to Morning Star Beach - much less crowded.
Don't Miss: Renaissance Jewelry Store
Great shopping, beautiful beaches
Don't Miss: Frenchmen's Reef
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Stay on the ship. Getting to the beautiful beaches isn't worth the ride there.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The traffic was heavy for a Sunday.
Don't Miss: The Fort was beautiful. All of the young kids went to Senor`Frogs in the evening.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The roads are extremely hilly. We got stuck going uphill in an 18 passenger taxi because a crane was stuck in the middle of the road. I was afraid that the emergency brake would fail.
Don't Miss: I'd stay on the ship next time.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The traffic was heavy for a Sunday.
Beautiful island
Don't Miss: Fort and Senor` Frogs
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Don't Miss: I'd stay on the ship next time.
Don't Miss: Renaissance Jewelry Store