Disappointing

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Glory

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 22, 2019

Ship: Carnival Glory

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6210

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Disappointed that we were not compensated for missing a port. We were not given a choice. We met passengers from other ships that were given a drink package due to the change in the itinerary. We weren't even informed until a few days before our cruise left. I feel like this could have been handled much better. I booked the cruise because I wanted to go to those ports. I understand that things happen, but feel I should have been given a choice of a refund or at least a credit toward a future cruise.

Embarkation

Embarkation went smoothly.

Ship experiences

All food experiences were good.

We had a great time while on the ship. There was always something fun going on. We took the Behind the Fun tour on the ship and it was great. Highly recommend.

The shows were all great.

Our room steward, Eva, was great!!!

Ship tip

Take the Behind the Fun tour on the ship.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

We visited Mardi Gras World and it was awesome. We also did the hop on hop off tour. Tour guide on the bus was very pleasant and gave a lot of information about the city. Overall, New Orleans is a very dirty, smelly place. Lots of homeless people camping in tents around the city.

Key West, Florida

We did not book an excursion, but we did visit the aquarium. The rest of our time there we just walked around shopping.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island Did not visit port

We did not get to visit this port due to hurricane Dorian damage. I understood that we could not go due to damage, but feel we should have been given a partial refund due to this. We were not given any choices.

Our 1st day we did the 2 reef snorkel and it was amazing. The staff on the boat were a lot of fun. The 2nd day we went to Atlantis. It was beautiful, but not worth the $339 it cost us to visit.

Disembarkation