Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Hurricane Joaqin can't stop the fun

Sail Date: October 03, 2015

We didn't get to go to Half Moon Cay because of weather, but still an awesome trip.  First time out of Miami's terminal, and I must say those folks have it down to a fine science. Every part of check-in was very smooth.  Sailed out on the Glory, and it was nice as well...little smaller than the Magic, little larger than the Triumph...all very nice.

First stop was Saint Thomas. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.  Snorkeling was fun, but thanks to the recent hurricane the water was pretty murky.  Still good, until my action camera came off of my head and sunkCrying.  Then my wife showed her moxie and free dove to retrieve it, about 20' down.  What she won't do for a couple hundred dollars...

San Juan was the next stop.  Great port, friendly people, lots of history.  We didn't do an excursion, we just strolled old San Juan.  What a relaxing day.  The bus drivers/tour guides will pester the fool out of you when you first come out of the terminal, but just say no and they'll go away. Really cool opportunity to take in some different culture.

On to Grand Turk...I spent the entire time trying to figure out if I could just move there and stay.  I loved every minute of it.  I've now snorkeled in about 7 different locations (still a rookie compared to some, I realize) and GT somehow stole the grand prize.  To date, this is the most beautiful place I've been.  We will DEFINITELY be back!

Cruise Photos

Very clean....always.
Room steward was incredible...very attentive to our needs.
Wait staff was annoying. 1st time I've ever had that complaint, but our head waiter acted like it was OUR privilege to have HIM serve us. Then he made you feel like you were going to be sent to the principal's office if you arrived at 6:05.

VERY nice ship, well maintained, well staffed.