Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

You get what you pay for!

Sail Date: January 09, 2016

I chose this cruise for it's low price which was a mistake. They charge for room service if you want hot food. The buffet was terrible! I have never spit out so much food in my life! The sit down restaurants were very snooty. Hostesses acted like you were bothering them. Carnival did not post anywhere that there were 2 formal nights yet they refused service to everyone dressed casually. The entire staff was poorly trained. I was cut off over 50 times by staff who expected you to get out of their way, it should be the other way around. The food was terrible to mediocre everywhere except Guys burgers which was great,

luggage was left in the hallway not placed in the room. No one even knocked, I found it there in the morning!

For 7 days no one on picked up the phone NO SERVICE for anything. My neighbor was smoking on the balcony all the time. Security was not listed on the phone, if it was, they too probably would not answer. Never saw a security guard anywhere.

The fire drill was not proper as they did not require you to bring your life jacket. I found them very hard to get on as I am a large person.

People were complaining at the spa for being charged when they only came in for the free consultations offered. I am monitoring my card and will protest if they try that with me.

The comedians were good but all other entertainment was terrible.

Movies being played broke down often

My first excursion was canceled and they did not tell me. I only found out after searching for 30 minutes for someone who knew anything. Gave us no time to book another.

their private island stop - terrible food. over crowded, and no shopping worth your time.

I last sailed with Princess. Their Alaskan was incredible! Great staff (porter gave me his cell and ALWAYS answered if we needed anything, Room service was free and great food. Most food was good. None of the above problems were experienced with Princess. Will use them for the next cruise.