Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Spend money elsewhere

Sail Date: October 17, 2015

This cruise could have been carefree and epic if it weren't for the hidden fees and sole agenda of Carnival in getting you to spend your money and waste your time.

Bait And Switch

All week we were baited with goodies like free spa services, free or discounted jewelry, money giveaways and such.

Only there was never any agenda to give anything...spa services were never raffled...free jewelry was "made in China"...?!

We were supposed to cruise to Grand Turks...we never saw passed the "erected" false island of stores and bars. There was no Grand Turks...not unless you ventured out on your own passed the gate and massive parking lot to attempt to flag a non-descript taxi somewhere. We had no maps, no tour guides, no idea how to "get out".  Just another "Half Moon Cay" location designed to infiltrate the wallet.

As as far as ... I am greatly disappointed that none of what I was sold was what I experienced. My agent told me all the fees were included in the cost. Wrong. I had to pay additional for ground transportation to and from ship. Agent sold me on getting airfare with the cruise to ensure any incidents would be covered. Sure, if you enjoy traveling for 12 hours after your vacation since Carnival will find the cheapest undesirable itinerary with no regard to the traveler. I had to spend extra money to "stand-by" for earlier flights because I was scheduled for departure after 5pm with a 3 hour layover?! The cruise was over by 10:30. My feet were on the ground luggage in hand at 10:30 AM. What person would book themselves this way??

I will never use again simply because ALL of this aggravation could have been avoided had there been full disclosure.

Walls and doors were too thin. Could hear everything people in the hallways were saying.
Constant closures of the pool and certain areas because they were repairing it WHILE we were cruising
Who puts the children's section directly behind the smoking casino???! Cigarette smoke was a thick heavy cloud every single day and kids had to walk through it to get to the arcade, the kids club and kids cruise camp. That was a disgusting display of a lack of planning and/or concern.
Awesome entertainment crew. Only saving grace for Carnival. Give those people raises.
Miami, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Its HOT. Take water!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Do NOT trust tour guides. Take a cab and save money. If you prefer to use a tour guide then wait at least two hours...they drop the price
Grand Turk Island
Prepare to be disappointed. You will not see Grand Turk. You will be on a private island solely dedicated for cruise lines to drop people off for shipping only. There are no private citizens here, no architecture, no streets, no life.