Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Mediocre Service and food

Sail Date: October 18, 2014

Well I really wanted to like this cruise considering it was my first one. My GF did nothing but rave about cruises since has been on several but not recently in the past 8 years. we both decided on Carnival because I know that had a run of bad luck really thought with all the bad press they have been having that they would really step up their game with the service. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

So to begin, We went though security and dropped off our luggage and wanted to check out the ship and our room. At near 230 pm in the afternoon the room was not ready. No biggie I thought so I roamed the ship. Just about 15 Minutes from leaving the port I get a called over the loudspeakers to return to security.  I was unsure of why but proceeded to the main security door where we first checked out luggage. The Security person proceeded to ask if had any knives or anything in my bag and it dawned on me that I totally forgot that I packed that knife in my bag. I am one of those people who like to be prepared for anything and I had packed a pocket knife in my checked luggage. After giving up the knife the security person told me that I had to take my own bag on to the ship. Keep in mind my bag weighed near 50 lbs. On top of that My GF was also called down to security as well but for no reason. her bags weren't there and Security was oblivious. We got our bags about 30 Mins after we left Port.

After all that the I have always been told that the food on cruises were amazing or at least something to write home about but sadly I was disappointed here as well. The most consistent food on the ship was the Pizza and that was greasy too. The afternoon and breakfast buffets were probably the best food on the ship in general. The dining room menu seemed very good but lacked consistency and flavor or that the food sat in the window for too long and died. It seemed like a lot of the food was prepared in bulk rather than to order and making sure the food was fresh. To be honest I felt like Gordon Ramsey on Kitchen Nightmares.

The excursions off the ship were awesome! The guides themselves were great and very knowledgeable of the surrounding area. totally recommend the swimming with stingrays and also the paddle boarding in San Juan. The comedy acts on the ship were great and so was the Piano bar in the ship. A couple people that I would like to point out was "Z" in the casino bar was awesome began using my name and establishing a connection with my GF and I. Can't remember the name of the server in the Piano bar. Taller guy, Caucasian, Brown hair. really nice guy and very attentive. Lastly, Maung our room steward was awesome!!! Always cheerful and always addressed us by name. KUDOS to the three of them!!! Because without them I would have jumped off the ship. Aside from these all stars the service was mediocre. I mean seriously 20 minutes for a drink is ridiculous! Considering the first day I was just drinking Johnny Walker black neat. Now, I would go on another cruise that is for sure but I would definitely not go back on Carnival.

Only One Outlet in the room
Miami, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas Holy crap there is a lot Jewelry stores
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Find the art gallery "Butterfly People". You will thank me for it.
Grand Turk Island

You are going to want to kill the cruise Director by the end of the cruise