Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Over all, very good

Sail Date: October 11, 2014

This being our first cruise, there were many surprises.  Most all were positive.  Only one real negative. When boarding, they had a DJ playing music in the Lobby, where we were trying to buy our drink packages.  They were playing so incredibly LOUD, that the bartender could not hear us.  We had to write down what we wanted.  I do admit, I have never been a big fan of LOUD music, but this was over the top.  On the plus sides, the on shore excursions provided by Carnival, seemed to be over priced.  We booked four different ones with this website, and were extremely happy with the cost and services provided.  After talking with some of the other cruisers, we found out we got a much better excursion and cheaper too.  We also to the behind the scenes tour of the ship.  While a bit expensive at $95 person, it was well worth it.  Would highly recommend this tour, but do it only once. The dining room staff and room staff were beyond exceptional.  We also had massages in the spa.  These were very nice, but very over priced.  And the up-sells were a bit too much.  Would not take no for an answer. The spa staff was was very pushing trying to up-sell their products.  All in all, a cruise we would do again.

I was happily surprised by size of our room and it's layout. My wife talked me into the window. I was shocked at how much time "I" spent looking out of it, even if only at the water.
Miami, Florida
Belize City, Belize
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We did a Mayan ruins tours with lunch at a Mayan home. This was a highlight to the trip. We learned more in that one day, than we did over the rest of the cruise. The lunch was outstanding. Learning about their culture was an amazing aspect of this time. Would HIGHLY recommend this shore excursion.