Good cruise, not great

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 27, 2011
Ship: Carnival Glory
The service on this cruise was absolutely phenominal! Every employee was great and really catered to my needs.

There were plent of options and great meal times but the food was only so-so. It was not bad in any way but it wasn't super good either. I was dissapointed because the culinary experience is part of the reason I cruise.

Entertainment was so-so. Not overly great but not poor either. I wish there had been more shows and more variety. The cruise director was retiring after this cruise and I felt he didn't put in as much effort as he normall might have.

Again, staff was exceptional. Every employee was very helpful and definitely went above and beyond to cater to my needs.

This ship was extremely clean in all areas. My room was constantly completely immaculate. The decor however, needs work. I was under the impression that this ship was recently renovated but I couldn't figure out where. This ship is not that old but the decor does not agree with that. Its very brightly colored (hot pinks in the stateroom) and the decor of the lounges was just a bit strange and weirdly colored. Also, the lighting was not very good.

Comfortable, okay location, great amenities, but the decor was awful. I am not a child, I do not want hot pink in my stateroom.

Don't Miss: The Atlantis Hotel
I learned a lot at this location. I did not do an excursion but walked around the city myself. Enjoyable place, and seemed safe.
Don't Miss: The forts
Boring place
Don't Miss: Margaritaville

Pros: Service

Cons: Food/picture taking

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.