Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

It was interesting and challenging

Sail Date: April 04, 2015

Problems arose from the beginning.  The time to get on board was so difficult as it took  forever to get through all the areas.  I have feet problems and standing that long with no where to sit was very hard on me.  Our room was right above the auditorium where the four major shows were held  That was convenient only to get to the shows.  For breakfast and lunch the distance to walk was hard on my husband and he developed a low back ache which bothered him till after we got home.  I ended up going to breakfast and bringing him breakfast to keep him from having to go to the dining rooms.  We needed fruit for breakfast but for some reason they kept them so far back on the serving area that we could not reach them.  We had to wait for a server to hand us the fruit. The snack pizzas were very thin and we had to stand in line for quite a while.

The things we enjoyed the most were the four main shows in the evening with the same four gentleman and four ladies.  They were very professional in their performances.  Thought we would enjoy the library but there were only a few  books, the room was a mess and the children were utilizing most of the room.  My husband took with him two bottles of wine and when we tried to get them  opened they were going to charge us about believe $16.00 each so he brought them back home.  That was a disappointment. Looking for our pictures at the

The Easter service was nice and I really enjoyed the readings.  After the service I asked Yvette "Ya Ya" Williams if I could have a copy of the reading and she said she would sent a copy for me to pick up at the guest desk.  I went several times and the receptionist left her messages to remind her to send it but it wasn't sent.

Looking for our pictures at the photo gallery was difficult and very time consuming.

Having to spend time in our room was difficult as there were not enough movies to see and then the same ones were repeated.

Dinner was enjoyable but at times we needed water, tea or whatever and they had not been by to see if we needed anything.  Watching the waiters perform was most enjoyable, and they seemed to really enjoy there prepared songs and movements.  We had Elvis and others with him and they were very pleasant.

I could not say enough about Mark the young man that kept our room so pleasant,  I love animals so the towel animals he left made my room feel like home.  One of our neighbors said they had found out that the workers had to pay for the service to allow them to call home.  It seems that they could be allowed to use the service free to call home etc., even if they could use it only say between midnight and four in the morning.  They give up a lot to be able to leave their homes for such a long time to make a living.

The persons having supper with us were interesting but one couple did not dress appropriately for dress up evenings.  The gentleman wore a cap on his head every night for dinner.

The heavy set comedian (lady) was very good.  The other comedian used the audience to compose his performance which was pretty cleaver.

We are very positive persons so we tried to make the best of all situations.  Maybe in the future we will return and remember to take a bottle opener with  us, how about that.  The workers that we talked to were so very pleasant and seemed to enjoy doing their jobs.

God Bless all of you!!!   The Walker's

Mark was great, we left him the requested amount on our account and an additional tip because he deserved it.
Galveston, Texas
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Toured the hummingbird, butterfly and nature trails to see native trees etc. The grounds were not presentable it was not something that anyone should pay to go to.
Belize City, Belize
city tour by taxi, other tours were too expensive and there were so many people wanting to get you to sigtn up for their trips.
city tour