Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Decent cruise

Sail Date: April 04, 2015

My husband and I (we are both in our 60's) have been on 8 cruises.  The Carnival Freedom is a beautiful ship, and we especially enjoyed the entertainment.  The special effects were outstanding. We also were pleased with the pools and hot tubs--plenty of places to sit outside. We did not like the long line to get onto the ship.  We did not like the buffet.  There was not much variety.The food in the dining room was just okay, and the service was barely adequate.  Every night we ordered coffee, and every night we did not get a spoon to stir it.  My husband saw on the menu you could get chives and bacon with your baked potato and he kept ordering that and never got it.

Our cabin was very comfortable.  I did notice that the shower had no metal bar to prop your leg up for shaving purposes.  Other cruises have had that amenity, and I missed it.  We were in an ocean view room and there was plenty of storage room.

Galveston, Texas
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Belize City, Belize
We had an excursion that went to the ruins and the beach. I van was an excellent guide, but I was disappointed with the rocky beach.