Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 26, 2011
Ship: Carnival Freedom
The ship was very clean, well maintained and the decor was attractive. Our cabin was very accessible to all the important places we wanted to go to. We specifically enjoyed the Serenity area.

I could only get the smoked salmon for breakfast if I ordered room service. In the past I could get it for breafast as well as lunch or dinner.

The type of game activites which involved the 3 member of the staff as a pannel were hit or miss. One of them was very funny (liars game) the others were pretty lame. The actual shows were excellent but there weren't enough of these. The Kareoke was painful to watch and the final show resulting from this was not worth watching. I am used to having more quality activites and shows in Carnival ships.

Our cabin steward was the best from all our past cruises. He had ice ready for us to use in our cabin all the time. In the past, stewards would just do the morning round and maybe an evening one. He had it there without failing one moment.

While I appreciated the good maintenance on the ship, I had to endure some very loud banging at one area to the point that I had to leave and go elsewhere.

Very small, nicely decorated, clean and comfortable and at an excellent location for us.
The best of Antigua was very interesting but again it was cut shorter than the time promised. They were obviously in a hurry to pick up the afternoon tour bunch.
Don't Miss: Ft. Nelson
Not much in town. We Toured "The Baths at Virgin Gorda" and were very impressed with the landscape, quality of the water and the activities that it offered. This tour could have easily been an hour longer. I would have gladly paid extra for some additional time.
Don't Miss: The baths at Virgin Gorda
We went to the St. John's National Park tour. The views were spectacular, the tour did not fullfill the time promised. They cut it short.
Don't Miss: Beaches
We walked all the shopping area. Same old, same old.

Pros: Cabin Service was the best so far compared to all our other cruises.

Cons: Entertainment was lacking for several days and their attempts at activities were a bit lame.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!