A NICE, RELAXIING TRIP

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 26, 2011
Ship: Carnival Freedom
THIS IS A VERY NICE SHIP. BIG. GOOD FOOD AND GREAT ENTERTAINMENT. MY MAIN COMPLAINT IS THIS.. AND WE HAVE BEEN ON 5 OTHER CARNIVAL CRUISES.. OUR DINING ROOM WAITER WAS NOT FRIENDLY.. HE DIDNT GREET US BY NAME AT ALL AND NEVER ASKED US OUR NAMES.. WHICH WAS VERY ODD SINCE WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GREETED BY NAME. HE NEVER EVEN INTRODUCED HIMSELF. I ASKED HIM HIS NAME ON THE 2ND DAY AND HE SAID I ALREADY TOLD YOU... HMMM.. EVEN AFTER THAT HE STILL NEVER ASKED US OUR NAMES OR GREETED US.. THE DINING ROOM FOOD HAS BECOME A BIT SUBSTANDARD. THE STEAKS WERE TERRIBLE, TOUGH AND FLAVORLESS.. THE REST OF THE FOOD WAS GREAT THOUGH.. MY OTHER MAJOR COMPLAINT IS OUR ROOM STEWARD. ALTHOUGH OUR ROOM WAS ALWAYS CLEAN WE NEVER MET HIM.. NOR SAW HIM.. I SAW SOME MAN IN THE HALLWAY A FEW TIMES.. I GUESS THAT WAS OUR ROOM STEWARD? I FOUND THAT REALLY ODD TOO.. THEY ARE USUSALLY SO FRIENDLY.. SO IF I NEEDED ANYTHNG I COMMUNICATED WITH HIM VIA A NOTE.. IT SEEMS CARNIVALS STAFF DIDNT SEEM AS FRIENDLY OR HAPPY .. I KNOW THEY WORK HARD.. BUT THIS WAS A BIGGY ON THIS TRIP.. WE WERE NOT ACKNOWLEDGED AT ALL.. THAT MAKES ME VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH CARNIVAL.. I MAY OPT FOR ANOTHER CRUISE LINE AFTER THIS.. BUT ALL IN ALL ITS A GOOD CRUISE.. WITH GOOD PORTS OF CALL AND GREAT SERVICE IN THE BUFFETS, LOUNGES, AND DINING ROOM.. THE EMPLOYEES JUST SEEMED TO BE FLAT EFFECT TO ME...

WE JUST DID OUR OWN THING THERE.. TOOK A FERRY TO ATLANTIS.. 300 PER PERSON EACH WAY.. TAXI IS ONLY A DOLLAR MORE.. IT TOOK LIKE 1.5 HOURS TO GET TO ATLANTIS LOTS OF WALKING AND WAITING FOR FERRY.. ATLANTIS IS PRETTY BUT VEGAS CASINOS ARE BIGGER, AND PRETTIER.. SO I THINK IT WAS A WASTE OF A DAY TO GO THERE.. THEY CHARGE FOR EVERYTHING TO USE THE BEACH, AQUARIUM ETC.. SO BEWARE.. ID SKIP IT
BOOKED TOUR THROUGH CRUISLINE SINCE WE LEFT PORT EARLY WAS A GOOD OVERALL ISLAND REVIEW
BOOKED A PERSONAL TOUR THOUGH A WEBSITE.. GOOD TOUR LOTS CHEAPER THAN CRUISLINE
BOOKED TOUR THROUGH THE INTERNET

Pros: THE PORTS

Cons: HMMM... DINING ROOM ATTENDANT WASNT TOO FRIENDLY

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!