One of the best cruises yet

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 14, 2010
Ship: Carnival Freedom
I've been on many cruises, and I think this was overall the best one in a long time, though I've never been on a bad cruise! The food was great (my favorite dessert is the warm chocolate melting cake - one of the reasons I cruise with Carnival!) The staff was all friendly and helpful. The entertainment was first-class. I also like how they do their new comedian shows - several different comedians though out the evening, every evening.

Love that warm chocolate melting cake!

Not the "same ol', same ol'."

The floor plan wasn't too confusing!

The bed seemed to be more comfortable than I remember.
Last time I was there I did a catamaran sail and snorkel, which was really great. Very beautiful warm water and the fish were very colorful. This time we just walked around town. We were pretty much "islanded out" by then.
We did an island tour, figuring that would give us an overview, then we would decide what to do next. We just ended up shopping. The beaches looked really nice, but it was too hot and humid for us to stay out there for long. The shopping was the best of all the stops.
Just walked around town a little. Not much to do. The comments we heard later seemed to agree with us.
Another island tour - and it wasn't all that different from St. Thomas.
We didn't have much time there. We docked around 5 in the evening, and it got dark around 7:00. We did an island tour and then shopping and that was about it. The island tour was really interesting.

Pros: Excellent and up to date entertainment

Cons: It was kind of crowded

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!