Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A good value on a beautiful ship

Sail Date: April 25, 2009

The Freedom is a very comfortable ship to travel. The lay-out of this ship is easy to get about. The room stewards are excellent-keeping your stateroom immaculate. The food is good in the dining rooms-different cuisine every night.

Pros: The best part of the cruise was the nice ports of call.

Cons: I came aboard as a single--there were no activities for singles.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
The ship arrived at 5PM-not much time to do anything since they were leaving at 11:30 PM. I have been in this port many times.
St. John's, Antigua
Pretty little island-went to Sandhaven Beach which is beautiful-with the tour. the sand is like sugar and the water is crystal clear.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The sailaway on the catamarran was great-snorkeling and a beach visit-with unlimited rum and punch.
I have been to Nassau countless times. I took a local bus to Cable Beach-not very nice. The hotels are getting old and run-down. The shopping was disappointing-prices were high on fine jewelry.
Don't Miss: Go over and see Atlantis complex.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
A must is to go on the tramway ride to the top of the port. Don't go to the beach at the Marriot close to the port -very rocky and erroded.