It was fun, but not real fun.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 07, 2016
Ship: Carnival Dream

The staff was wonderful. The food was good. The ship was very clean. It was our first cruise and we were kind of bored on the ship. We kept going back to the casino to play the quarter pushing game to entertain ourselves. We saw a couple of the comedy shows and they were good. We saw a couple of the show productions and one was really good. Sea days are when you have to keep yourself busy. If you don't like laying out by the pool, it can be boring. If you go to Jamaica, be sure to plan an excursion, otherwise don't even get off the ship. The locals will hound you the whole time if you don't have an excursion. It's a little scary. Grand Cayman was very different. It was very nice an no one was hounding us. Our excursion was cancelled due to choppy water, so we were pretty disappointed and had to settle for the sea turtle farm. It was fun, but we were really looking forward to Snuba. Our stop in Cozumel was the most fun. We took the ferry to Playa del Carmen and went to Rio Secreto which is the Amazing Secret River excursion. The caves were great. When we got back to Playa del Carmen, we had a few minutes before our ferry ride back and we ate at Los Aquachiles. This was a great little local restaurant. The grilled octopus was great and the fish taco were good too. I would say that if I ever cruise again, I may go on a shorter cruise. Port days are good, but I don't care for sea days. If you like to rest, it's great.

Our cabin was great. There was plenty of room and we loved our balcony. If I ever cruise again, I will get a balcony.

Definitely make reservations to go to the steakhouse on board. The food is fantastic and worth the money.