For the Young at Heart

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

11 Night Southern Caribbean Carnival Journeys (New Orleans To San Juan)
Sail Date: January 03, 2016
Ship: Carnival Dream

I was disappointed that there were very few people under the age of 50 on this cruise because we went with our 21 year old daughter and 18 year old son.  My daughter still managed to find the few people in her age group.  My other disappointment was the last day of the cruise.  The captain could not dock in St. Maarten due to rough seas but two other ships managed to dock.  They also had the option to use tenders to shuttle people to the island but chose to leave instead.  The island stops on this cruise are very beautiful, especially Aruba and St. Kitts.  We only used Carnival for one excursion, Te Amo Beach Snorkel in Bonaire.  I highly recommend this for people who want to snorkel near shore or have never snorkeled before.  Great guides and beautiful fish.  The food on the ship was only fair.  The only standout was the pizza place on the Lido deck by the big pool--it was very delicious.  The dinner in the restaurants was good, but the best dining we had was in the Steakhouse.  The food was spectacular and well worth the money.  Try this at least once, my family is still talking about it.