Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Enjoyable Break

Sail Date: September 13, 2015

This was my 4th Carnival sailing and first on the Dream.  I had previously stated that I would never sail on with Carnival again but this trip wasn't really my choice. Carnival keeps things pretty uniform so I didn't have any unrealistic expectations...and I wasn't disappointed.  The Dream is a nice ship, clean and well maintained.  Not sure if it was sold out, but it didn't seem crowded at all.  The staff seemed rested and very attentive. We had dinner in the steakhouse on our first night and need to coordinate a surprise for someone in our party.  The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and everything went off without a hitch.  Surprisingly, the food was rather tasty, as well....well worth the extra $$$. Our waiter, John, at the aft topside bar was beyond phenomenal and we actually hated to say good bye.  We did the 7 day western, it's a good run but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the cruise-lines were to take Belize City out of the mix, the tender ride alone is reason enough to stay on the ship, which we did.  I did appreciate that we never felt pressured to buy photos or have to take them, it was a welcomed relief.   All around, it was a pleasant cruise and welcomed break.