Just A Cruise - With A Smelly Cabin

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Dream

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail Date: September 13, 2015

Ship: Carnival Dream

Review Summary

The Good:

-Ports of Call
-Being on Vacation
-Dinner Service Staff (not brunch... but dinner)
-Steakhouse Food - was worth the money
-Housekeeping was OK, but seemed off.  We've been spoiled by great service on other carnival cruises.  Not this one.

The Bad:

-Cabin 9400 Smells Like an RV that needs to have its waste serviced - foul odor for 3 days... not sure what caused it, but eventually it went away.  I have never been woken up by a smell before.  Can now cross that off my list... just foul and embarrassing for Carnival.

-Steakhouse Staff was bad.  Our party had to ask for water/bread.  No one manning the front - didn't answer the phone

-Other people/guests - talk about a floating casino...    It sure seemed like it. Maybe it was when we were cruising?

-Food - it seemed off.  Lower quality than I'm used to with Carnival

Overall, wasn't quite what I expected, but if you can't have a good time despite service, staff, etc... there's something wrong with you.

Ship Experiences

Food could be better quality. Rotten bananas and green oranges. It's like produce at Wal-Mart. (under or over ripened) Undercooked bacon... all the usual buffet problems.

Dinner Service was good. Everything else was bad. Actually had a crew member tell us we couldn't get a burger without cheese. Really?

This cabin stinks. I would NEVER, EVER book it again. And, it changed my mind about Carnival cruises. It smells like the back of a greyhound. The sewage smell literally woke me up in the middle of the night. The crew didn't have any good remedies except to clean. It's a ship design problem - not anything dirty in the room.

Don't book #9400. Steakhouse is great food, bad service.

Ports Of Call