Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Bob's Bahamas Cruise Review

Sail Date: January 25, 2015

Overall, my wife and I received very good value on this cruise vacation for our money.  All of the ship's service personnel and management folks were efficient, polite and professional.  The ship was maintained excellently from what I saw while wandering the ship's gigantic passageways. Carnival offered myriad activities to engage in, both on and off the ship.  If you don't like being bored it's your fault alone if you become that way while on this vacation.  We saw three song and dance shows in the Encore Theatre and thought they were all highly energized, entertaining, and professionally produced.  Our meals in the Scarlet Dining Room were all attractively presented and were well prepared, for the most part.  During the five cruises that my wife and I have taken with Carnival over the past five years on three different vessels, however, it seems that the dinner menus have changed very little since we began cruising with Carnival. We especially enjoyed eating lunch at the Mongolian Wok and Pasta Bella eateries.  The couple of times that we went to the Lido dinner buffet instead of eating in the Scarlet Dining Room, however, we were generally unimpressed with the quality and selection of buffet entrees and side dishes.  Some entrees appeared to be hastily prepared and looked like they could have been compilations of lunch leftovers.  I'm sure they weren't but I got the feeling that the Lido's dinner buffet didn't have as much effort put into preparing it as their lunch buffets did.  Regardless, we found plenty of tasty and nutritious things to eat anytime we wanted while on board, whether it was room service or one of the many other food venues.  I was very impressed with Carnival's embarkation process in New Orleans.  Although we encountered pretty long lines once we arrived at 1:30 pm in the terminal, those lines moved along quickly and it didn't take very long before we had our Sail and Sign cards and were on board.  I was even more impressed with the debarkation system.  We were in group 5, the first group to leave the ship immediately following the self-assist passengers.  I couldn't believe how quickly we sailed through the luggage hold area and Customs and found ourselves on the elevator taking us up to where we parked our car.  In hardly no time we were on our way home to Biloxi.  We had a great time.  Bob in Biloxi

A little corrosion here and there but they're always sanding and painting the thing!
Scarlet Dining Room's dinner menu is tasty but hasn't seemed to change much over the past five years. Mongolian Wok and Pasta Bella lunch eateries were awesome. Lido dinner buffet was adequate but a little tired and mysterious.
We love the balcony. It makes the entire vacation for us.
Can't say enough good things about all of the ship's service personnel and staff. They're always pleasant, efficient, and professional.
We've always enjoyed Carnival's theater shows. Their dancers, singers, and musicians put on a class act whenever we've seen them. This cruise was no different.
Children's Programs Did not use.
Onboard Activities Seemed ok. We generally don't participate in many of the ship's activities.
Destinations and Excursions Again, seemed ok. We did not get off the ship during any of the three dockings.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Our favorite thing to do here was to park our car in the terminal's parking garage.
Key West, Florida We did not get off the boat and enjoyed the entire Dream to ourselves!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island Did not get off the boat.
Nassau, Bahamas Again, stayed on the ship.

Check out the adults-only Serenity Deck on board the Carnival Dream. It's near the top of the ship and is a quiet place to get away from much of the noise down below. They have a bar and lots of comfortable places to enjoy watching the ocean glide by. Try a Kiss on the Lips drink! Tasty!

1 Comment