Sharon's Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-33599
Sail Date: August 03, 2013
Ship: Carnival Dream
Had a wonderful time celebrating my 50th birthday. The only thing I was not impressed with was the port of Belize. I did not book a tour at this port so perhaps it was just the harbor area that the water was dirty. Since these waters are supposed to be the best in the world for snorkeling, I must assume that the water looked better in another part of the country.

I loved Winie and his "helpers" at dinner in the Crimson dining room every night. Although we were not assigned a certain table, we were lucky enough get the same wait staff every night. Winie, Narim, and I Nyoman were fabulous.

Also fabulous was our room steward, Atikom...a real gem.

Oh yes, ....was not very pleased with the "bubbles" card for unlimited sodas....a good concept, but it was often difficult to get the sodas....bar staff didn't really want to deal with soda's when they were selling alcohol and servers were very dfifficult to find....or remember to bring.....for sodas in the dinning area on the Lido deck for breakfast and lunch.

Crimson dining room was excellent....."The Gathering" dinning area was okay....difficult to get to the Mongolian area....long lines and food took awhile to cook....did not enjoy the pizza or the burger foods

Would have loved to have seen the kitchen area "behind the scenes" Only 16 people were allowed on the tour during the entire week.

Some shows were good.....some of the shows that were not major productions were okay....and often a little awkward.....don't like that we have to pay for Bingo cards.

N/A

Wait staff and cabin steward were fabulous....can't say much for the people working in the "Gathering" dining room.

Get to the Mongolian line early!