Great Family Vacation

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-33599
Sail Date: March 30, 2013
Ship: Carnival Dream
Beautiful ship. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Very clean. Lots of fun stuff for the kids. Customer service desk was less than helpful, though. I think they're told to just stare and act stupid so you'll walk away. Buffet food and set up was not good. Too many long lines to get average food that never changed day after day. Dining food was pretty good. I ended up with a strange stomach problem by the end of the week. I think they must use a lot of MSG because my stomach felt distended. Skipped our stop to Roatan because of choppy waters. Bummed about that. When we stopped in Costa Maya we had to be back on the ship by 1:30pm, which I think was WAY too early.
Yes, I have a few complaints but overall it was a fantastic vacation and I would book with Carnival again.

Eh, buffet not so good

Our steward was awesome.

Top notch

Go to the back of the ship, outside by the pool for most meals. It's the farthest distance from the main elevators so it's less busy.
At the ports, get off early. Sometimes other ships come in and you have to wait for them to dock.

Plan to do an excursion. Book online directly with the excursion before your cruise.
Didn't get to stop due to choppy water.
Take a taxi to the town/beach. Great food and snorkeling. Buy all your souvenirs there.