Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Family Vacation

Sail Date: March 30, 2013

Beautiful ship. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Very clean. Lots of fun stuff for the kids. Customer service desk was less than helpful, though. I think they're told to just stare and act stupid so you'll walk away. Buffet food and set up was not good. Too many long lines to get average food that never changed day after day. Dining food was pretty good. I ended up with a strange stomach problem by the end of the week. I think they must use a lot of MSG because my stomach felt distended. Skipped our stop to Roatan because of choppy waters. Bummed about that. When we stopped in Costa Maya we had to be back on the ship by 1:30pm, which I think was WAY too early.
Yes, I have a few complaints but overall it was a fantastic vacation and I would book with Carnival again.
Top notch
Eh, buffet not so good
Our steward was awesome.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Belize City, Belize
Plan to do an excursion. Book online directly with the excursion before your cruise.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras Didn't get to stop due to choppy water.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Take a taxi to the town/beach. Great food and snorkeling. Buy all your souvenirs there.

Go to the back of the ship, outside by the pool for most meals. It's the farthest distance from the main elevators so it's less busy.
At the ports, get off early. Sometimes other ships come in and you have to wait for them to dock.